At the beginning of 2013 I decided to set some goals for the year. I knew it needed to be crafted in such a way that I stayed motived and was able to reach the goals. To make a long post short, I themed each month. January was tuned to the theme of discipline.
My wife and I had just gotten over being sick with the flu for almost three weeks in December so we were anxious to start strong. Everything started out like gangbusters. We hired a personal trainer, changed our diet and had really settled into a rhythm for about 9-10 days…
Then my body relapsed back into sickness only this time to be diagnosed with bronchitis. We spent the rest of January being sick. This was SUPER frustrating.
Here are a few quick thoughts on the “Discipline” month of January
- Eating healthy was the hardest thing for me to adjust to
- Being sick for 5 weeks of December and January made me very lethargic
- The first chapter in “Seven Habits of Highly Effective People” is alone worth the price of admission
- It’s hard to lose weight when you don’t feel like doing anything but sleeping
- I realized I love playing racquetball
- Pushups are my least favorite thing to do
Did you do any better on your goals in January than I did?
Latest posts by Justin Trapp (see all)
- RightNow Media: Brian Mosley - August 28, 2017
- Bibliotheca: Adam Lewis Greene - August 21, 2017
- How Preachers Throughout The Ages Have Used Technology to Further the Gospel - August 14, 2017